What we do makes a difference...
The PTO is a non-profit organization comprised of parents, teachers, Nixon staff and school administrators who work together to provide our Nixon community with fun, memorable, educational and social experiences. Our goal is to support connections between families and school. The PTO is run by 100% volunteer time using funds raised by its members. Our strength and ability to achieve this comes from the collaboration of dedicated parents, teachers and volunteers, who bring various talents, backgrounds, experiences and ideas to the table.
There are a variety of opportunities to get involved and a role for each and every community member who wants to help achieve our common goal. Our Nixon PTO mission is to make lasting memories for our children and help build a community for our families.
Just some of the things we do...
- We fund educational enrichment programs such as author visits, writers workshops, science demonstrations, music performances, curriculum-based crafts, field trips, social study and civics expos and much, much more.
- We sponsor fun events such as Fall Festival, School Picnic, Movie Night, Book Fairs, Bingo Night, Field Day, and other great family activities.
- We coordinate community connections such as Kindergarten & new family orientations, staff appreciation programs, food pantry drives, celebrations and alumni events.
- We support our teachers and specialists with generous stipends to supplement curriculum and classroom materials.
- We facilitate a volunteer force to help in classrooms, at school events, and in the library.
All parents and guardians of Nixon students are automatically members of the Nixon PTO and we encourage everyone to get involved!
- Monday, December 5
- Wednesday, December 7
- Thursday, December 8
- Monday, December 12
- Tuesday, December 13
- Wednesday, December 14
- Friday, December 16